PET AND ANIMAL POLICIES
We encourage healthy and responsible pet interactions for all residents, and we strive to create a community that welcomes everyone and ensures a pet-responsible environment. We use a third-party pet application service that is simple and secure while storing your pet’s information in one place. This service makes it easy for pet owners to share their animal records with their housing providers, pet groomers, doggy daycares, dog walkers, pet sitters, vets, pet-friendly hotels, and more. All applicants need to create a pet profile, even if they do not have a pet.
Applicants without pets must complete the online affidavit, while Pet Owners should gather the following information prior to starting the process:
- Vaccination Records
- Microchip Information
- Photos of Your Pet
- All animals, including assistive animals, must be disclosed.
- You must first fill out a separate Pet Screening application for each animal.
- This applies to any animal that will occupy the home, including service animals, therapy animals, emotional support animals, etc.
- No fee applies to service animals.
- The first animal is $20 to register, an additional animal is $15 (these fees are non-refundable).
- Pet Screening is an independent third-party animal screening service. Please follow this link to the animal application. Pet Screening
Your pet screening “paw score” will determine the amount of additional monthly Pet Rent which is paid per animal if the application is accepted by the owner. This score is determined using a proprietary formula that takes into account things like animal age, weight, vaccination records, etc.
The following are the animal rent amounts if accepted by the owner and will be added to the currently advertised rental amount:
5 Paws — $10.00/MO 4 Paws — $15.00/MO 3 Paws — $25.00/MO 2 Paws — $40.00/MO 1 Paws — $55.00/MO
- Female cats must be fixed and declawed or fixed and outdoor only.
- No male cats are allowed.
- All animals must be approved by the Owner regardless of paw score and carry a specific liability policy naming the owner and West USA Realty as added insured parties.
*THIS CRITERIA DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY ASSISTIVE ANIMAL.
Tenants shall ensure that all animals(s) are well behaved and shall not allow the animals(s) to disturb any other residents or neighbors. Tenant to ensure the animal(s) cause no damage to the property. Tenant agrees the animal(s) shall only be walked on a leash and only in areas so designated by the Owner/Landlord and the Homeowners’ Association.
Tenant will be responsible for any and all damages caused by the animal(s) on the property or in the community and will indemnify and hold harmless Owner/Landlord/Management for, from and against any and all claims arising because of the animal(s). Tenant agrees that the animal(s) will be licensed in accordance with all applicable governmental provisions. Owner/Landlord and/or Management reserve the right to require Tenant to immediately remove the animal(s) at any time upon any violation of Tenant of these rules.
Fair Housing Policy
It is unlawful and a violation of company policy to discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status, or to refuse to show, rent, negotiate or otherwise make unavailable any rental unit.